Followers

Blog Archive

Sunday, February 15, 2009

NO-thing: What to do when you find a good book...

Maybe the title should be how to find a good book when you find your taste in recreational novels changing. I still like and devour mind candy books, like James Peterson and Janet Evonivich, but my goal is to find another series that hooked me as fast as the Harry Potter series.

I didn't even start them until the books, all of them, had been published. Then an entire summer was devoted to Harry and the movies.

4 comments:

  1. Finding a good series was what kept me reading at the elementary and jr. high school level. I don't remember reading in high school, except out of my literature book. I never really enjoyed reading my literature book, had difficulty with comprehension, as a result of my cultural upbringing, and never identified with the text. I think having good reading in which students relate with the text is essential, without the quality of the text suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twilight is good - I suggested it for my book club and everyone LOVED it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rottie girl: couldn't agree more. Reading is one of the most personal things an person does. The influence of the written word is incredible...whether it's fiction or a newspaper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura - I'll give Twilight a try. Vampire book right? Used to love Anne Rice. Are they similar?

    ReplyDelete