Followers

Blog Archive

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Thing #15 - On Library 2.0 & Web 2.0

Library 2.0 & Web 2.0--now this is what I'm talking about. Ever since 10/09 Middle School conf. my mind has done a complete reversal in exactly what kids should be exposed too in order to protect them. The kids are here already 'there' and we, as educators are missing one of those exquisite, teachable moments. They use youtube at home. Do we ignore that they do or do we give them tools to use correctly? Protecting them through good info? Showing them how to do it right and ethically? Or do we let them free-fall w/out a net?
I don't know the answers--only that things are changing and changing fast.

2 comments:

  1. I liked reading your thoughts here. I have many of the same questions myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know the answers either, but as always where technology and our kids are concerned, we are too far behind!

    ReplyDelete